Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Technology is amazing.


It is so amazing nowadays how something that was impossible 30 years ago can happen instantly now. Today was definately another day for the ages to remember. But a few major things that I will discuss are somethings I did with my church group, some things Courtney and I talked about, and somethings that seem impossible.

When I woke up, it was like 8:43am. I didn't awake to a call, unfortunately, but that's because Courtney is away at school learning speech! Anyway, moving on, I got out of bed because I had to be somewhere at 9:30 today. I got out of bed and finally got dressed and everything. I wore a Jack in the Box t-shirt, white pants, hiking boots and a black bandana over my hair. The reason I dressed like this in the heat of the Texas summer was because I was getting ready to paint some walls up at my church with a few people, but first we were all going to North East Mall to watch "Horton Hears a Who". The movie was awesome. I especially liked the small yellow creature called, "Katie". It was great. After the movie, we went to the food court and I had some super awesome bourbon chicken and orange chicken from a chinese food place inside the mall. Then we got in the vehicles and drove back to the church, and began the painting process. I believe my wall was the best, because, well, it looked like the best, of course. I'm kidding, everyone did a good job, but my wall was the only one to get complete, or at least, I hope the others aren't finished. Yikes.

Afterward, my friend Jeff and I, who was the person that helped me with the wall we painted, rode with my sister back to my moms work. I had a call from Courtney I needed to return, so instead of going in, I stood outside and talked on the phone for a while. That's when my day got a lot worse, but at the same time a lot better. Courtney and I are taking a "break" now. When I first heard that I thought she meant break up and stuff, but not at all. She wanted to stay together, just have one week without talking just so we could get things sorted out in our own lives and stuff like that. I don't mind, I think we kinda needed that due to the recent events that I described in my other blogs below this one. But now I have even more time to work on my clinginess so I hope it works out for the best! I love you, Courtney!!

So then I went back home, not to hear from Courtney again til the 13th, which is our four month-eversary. I am so happy about her. She's awesome. This time is good for us even if I don't like it that much. Anyway, so I came home and got on the computer for a bit and watched some family guy and then went up to the local community pool to meet with some Boy Scout people and swim and have some fun. Then after that, something awesome happened that took my mind off of Courtney and I's situation. Someone requested my friendship on Facebook! Yay! That hardly ever happens...I'm kidding, but still. Her name was Amy, and she is from New Zealand. This is what I was saying was like impossible. I mean, someone that is over 3000 miles away can communicate through texts and IM's in less than 5 seconds. I just think that's awesome. I also like the time zone difference between places. I am finding out about New Zealand, and although it's all very weird to us Texans, its really cool to know about.

But yeah, that was my day, again. I can't believe I am actually keeping a consistent blog. I wonder how long I can keep it up? Place your bets? I think so.

Peace
-Matt

No comments: