Sunday, July 5, 2009

Camponotus consobrinus


Otherwise known as the sugar ant. The reason I posted that as the title is because they are all around my desk right now. A bunch of them, they come in waves. Much like things in our own lives, they come in waves and start building up until you just can't take it anymore. Forgive me if this blog is a bit on the serious side, but I'm just not in the funny mood. Today was a day for all the ages to know.

It started out pretty bland at 8:36am. I rose from my bed at the voice of my mother, "Let's go!! It's time for church!" So I reluctantly stepped out onto the floor thinking there was nothing to live for when I remembered that Courtney could have called! So I turned to my secondary night stand where my phone sits charging everynight and checked it. I got 4 texts from the Twitter service, one from Sarah, and a voicemail from, you guessed it, Courtney! Yay! I was happy, so I clicked play and heard her sweet voice saying many nice things, then the worst word of a voice mail, the word, that when you hear it, you know there isn't any more voice mail. "Bye". I have grown to hate that word. I prefer ending a conversation on a lighter note, but sometimes it is just unavoidable. So I called back, left a message, and went on my way to church.

Once I arrived at church, I roamed around a bit, went to Sunday School, and then to the 11:15 service. The pastor told us many things, everyone got to confess, and we said goodbye to my favorite youth minister of all time, Mike Hill. Wait a minute, did you catch that? There was that word again, "bye". It was attached to another word, "good." There is nothing good about bye!! Anyway, moving on, there was a huge massive line that formed infront of Mike and his wife, Lisa, that certainly was awesome. Like a line at a 7-11 for free slurpee day, it was filled with people thirsty for some last moments with someone they trully enjoyed. Mike is actually planning on working at my school next year as the auditorium manager, which is awesome, because he offered me an intern thing to help him out with everything. I can't wait. Especially since today I switched my main focus to theater...sorry media tech. It's got all the same stuff, promise. Anyway, I will definately miss Mike and all of his antics, but it will be good for him. He deserves a vacation.

After church, I went with my family to Babe's chicken in Downtown Carrolton. Excellent place, good food, good service, and the waitress will even give you her number if you wink back. Just kidding, I love Courtney, remember? Our server's name was Maggie, and she did a good job. We sat in the Chicken coop, and couldn't be happier. All through this time I was hoping to receive a call from Courtney, but nothing, yet.

It was about 2:15pm when I got to work. I sat in the locker room talking with some friends and listening to 4th of July stories from all points of view. Burns here, hangovers there, and many run in's with police. Still no call, or text, but I didn't worry. Nothing to worry about. I went to work and got through the first show just fine. There was a second show tonight, but I didn't have to stay for it. During the show, I got on facebook from my phone and talked to Courtney on there. I was a bit disappointed in this, for I enjoyed phone calls much better than facebook, but I understood her reasoning behind the no phone call thing and went on my chipper way.

After work, I texted Courtney to let her know I was off, and I didn't get a reply. This is normal, so I just waited for a call...which she usually gives about 30 minutes after a text is sent. Nothing. I got home and an hour and a half later I was in the swimming pool when I finally got a call from her. I was happy.

Then, a sequence of events went by that made me very upset, and very sad. I talked to two people who pulled me out of the sadness, Hayleigh and Ms.Foster. Best people ever. They are like depression pills, but not. But what ended up happening was me realizing how unbalanced my life was, working on getting it back to normal, and that I am freakishly in love with Courtney Conatser. Yay.

And now my day ends, sitting at a computer, eating chips and salsa. So good. Thanks everyone.

Peace
-Matt

No comments: