Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Awkward much?

I am really unsure of how to stat this post off, so I will just start it off by saying I was unsure of what to say to start it off. Strangely enough the same situation happened today, with the loss of words, and such. There had been this girl I have been seeing after school. I had no idea who she was, what grade she was in, how she liked her coffee, you get the point. I didn't even know her name. But today for some reason I was intent on finding out.

It started in Media Tech, I am the director for our news show ANN; however, I only direct for two weeks, then I pass the torch to the co-director and he directs for two weeks while I get two weeks of nothing. I was approached by the weather girl for the show, and she said "L*****." (I starred out to name as to uphold privacy) I looked at her wondering what she meant. She knew I had no idea what she meant. She said, "That's her name!!" It hit me like, getting hit with a skillet for forgetting your grandmother's birthday. This was her name, the name of the girl I had seen, but not heard.

Then going through Statistics while constantly repeating that name in my head, I couldn't wait until school ended. I knew she stayed after outside. Maybe I would finally gather up the guts to talk to her? Well, I did, but not willingly.

I was sitting outside with the weather girl I mentioned earlier. We were talking and then I noticed that L***** had walked out of the school and sat down, opening her laptop to do some laptop stuff. I instantly stopped talking and wanted to just jump up and go talk to her. But then, she started talking with friends. Now before I continue I should say that I am not nervous about anything. I can do anything without breaking a sweat, that is, everything except walk up to a girl I have never met before and just talk. The weather girl wasn't aware of this fact and asked this other guy to go talk to her for me. He went. I could barely look, what if her thoughts towards me were not what I wanted? What if she thought I was weird? Well, I am, but weird in the bad way....Oh geez.

The next thing I notice was that she was standing up. This is not good at all. You know how I said that all my nervousness only shows up around girls? Well, I had a whole lot of nervousness built up. And I started freaking out. I knew this wouldn't go well at all. She walked over, and she didn't seem nervous or anything, and then they came around and just stood right infront of me and the other people there. Now let me set the scene: It was me, weather girl, two of her friends, the guy that brought L*****, his friend, and two people I hadn't met before. I was already shaking. She stood there, kinda twisting back and fourth keeping her view to the ground and an innocent smile on her face. These 5-6 people surrounding me kept urging me to say something, I couldn't, it was like being in front of judges at a music competition and they were telling you to play mozart. I said hi in a scared tone, and she said it the same way.  Then the guy that brought her asked her if she had a boyfriend, and she said, "Yeahh, but just because I have a boyfriend doesn't mean we can't be friends..." I was awestruck. Believe it or not, that kind of thing makes me really happy, and speechless. I just kinda stared into space after that. And that eventually made every one return to there original position.

Everyone there started accusing me of being to nervous, and all that other stuff. They made such a big deal out of two people being in an uncomfortable position. But that's alright because they didn't know what happened shortly after that. I went and sat in the car with one of my friends.  I explained to her what just happened, and she agreed that she would have done the same thing I did. But then one of my other friends came over and I begged her to talk to L***** for me and apologize for my friends putting us in that position. She was skeptical at first, because she also had no idea who the girl was. But she did it anyway. Thank God she did. I was talking to my friend in the car, and then the girl I sent to talk to L***** come back, and she was smiling. She said that L***** wanted to get to know me better and talk when there aren't 20 million people around. I was so freaking happy, I was actually shaking. And then as she drove away in an SUV, through a very tented window, I saw her, she looked at me and smiled. She also waved, and that had to be the best part of my day.

So after all this, tomorrow, I plan talking to her more, and if all goes well getting her phone number/myspace and we can text/talk. I will update things as they go along. But for now, I'm going to walk the dog, and yeah. Peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Matt W. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.