Friday, July 23, 2010

Blog for July 21, 2010

It's over. Today's the last time I'll spend a night in Europe. For this trip at least. I have hope of returning, because apparently throwing a coin into the famous fountain that was the trevvi, (spelling?) ensures that you will return to Rome. Hopefully since I threw two I expanded it to all of Europe, because there is still so much to see.

Today we went straight into Rome at 8:45 in the morning and went to the coliseum. We took a tour with our Italian guide. I forget her name...but she did really good. We later went to the roman forum, and then the Vatican. Afterward, we stopped out at a nice restaurant with no a/c. Boo. It was super burning up. Just like the rest of the day. Rome apparently has no concept of cool. Oh well. It was still pretty awesome.

One thing that bothers me is the driving and traffic. In Rome, what I seemed to observe is that if there is a spot where a car or moped can fit through, it's usually done. But the thing is, everyone seems to be fine with it! It almost scares me, but the other cool thing is that you can cross the road anywhere you want. So that's a nice little perk.

So after dinner, we went out on the Rome by night tour. We saw the trevvi fountain, and the pantheon, and the first church dedicated to the virgin Mary. So that was prettycool. Street performers are really good here.

But now I'm back at the hotel blogging my last blog for Europe. Maybe since I'm in the habit I can keep this going.

I have to wake up in about 5 hours, so I'm gonna go. Good night everyone!
Good bye Europe!

Matt Wofford

Btw, I sent out a whole crap load of postcards. Everyone that sent me your address should be getting one if you haven't already. Anyway...bye!

No comments: