Friday, July 16, 2010

Bienvinue a Paris!

Alright...so officially day 4 in Europe, and now onto a new country! Just when I get used to the other country, I have to move off to another one that's even more unlike america! But none the less just as awesome! The feeling of being thrown into a language I enjoy is a very good feeling. I can talk to people, and they can talk to me...if I can understand them, that is. Mr.Cole spoke a lot slower in French 3 than the actually Parisians talk. But I like it, it's ringing a lot of bells from the past about my classes, and talking to people during the first day has already gotten easier.

We started the day in London, as you know. We got up around 5:15am, then went down for breakfast. But before that, we had to get everything ready for the trip to Paris. Of course, after everything is rushed to be packed, we noticed that a bus wasn't outside of our hotel. This is odd because a bus was supposed to be there at 6 ready for loading (it's already 10 past at this point). Apparently, the bus got delayed, so instead of a crappy bag lunch from Great Britain, we got one last real one.

So once we actually got on the train, I played cards with some friends for the amount of time we were aboard, and almost forgot to use the Lou while onboard. Whoops, that won't ever happen again.

When we got to Paris, we got off the train and headed to our hotel. Imagine the niceish part of Irving, under a whole bunch of construction, with a really nice hotel packed in the middle of it. Well, we happen to not be in the nicest part of Paris, and our building is lovely. If that paints any pictures for you.

We then went off to see Notre Dame Paris; cathedral. It's still under use today and it took over 180 years to build. Then we went to lunch and then we went to the night session of the louvre. It was excellent

Then we came back to the hotel and got hungry and tired. Luckily I had some cracker jacks because our dinner wasn't very much to fill us up.

But I keep dozing off and such so I will update more on Paris tomorrow!

I bid you adieu!
-Matthew Wofford

No comments: