Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Arrival.

So we finally made it to London today at around 12:00noon there time. Right now it's midnight here, and I've been forced to set up a little corner of my Internet bliss in the bar in our hotel. It's going very well so far though! I didn't sleep at all on the plane, but watched about 6 movies. They were all really good and most I hadn't seen before. The plane was really cool. We got two meals,
Dinner and breakfast. It was delicious. I couldn't even really taste it, but it was food and it was good.

So now that I'm hunkered down with only 36 minutes per 3 pounds I give them of Internet, I'll have to keep this brief, but I'll try to elaborate soon.

We started the day after we landed by going to the hotel to freshen up. We have a really cool tour guide named Stuart. Or stu. But nothing other than the two, or he will just ignore you. He is very down to earth and he has a twisted sick of humor so we get along pretty well. I never knew so much was different from the USA and Britain, but there is so much! I've taken probably 300 pictures just today, which I will have to delete some in order to capture the whole trip. We went to a few different places before heading to dinner at 6:30pm. We went to big Ben, the houses of government, the square of trifailger or something like that. And a few others. We went to dinner at a pub called the centre page. It was actually really cool. The interior structuring of buildings here is so much different than the USA it's almost surreal. It rains off and on, so having to constantly try to fumble with an umbrella and borrowed camera is a bit tough, but I get it done pretty well.

So anyway, at dinner we all were served the English classic, fish and chips. Which is actually fish and French fries, but don't call them that here! And I got to try out a Guinness extra cold beer. It was actually very good and cant wait to sample the rest of europes unique flavors.

Then after dinner, I reluctantly bought a ticket for the London eye at 17.85 pounds. Which is like, 24 dollars American. It really was just a giant farris wheel right in the center of london that could let you see as far as the eye could see. It was pretty boring after the first few seconds when while boarding the pod you are assigned, it continues moving...so it's a bit challenging for the slow folks.

After the eye, we went through one more shop and I got my first batch of post cards at 10.75 pounds. That included postage as well. So you lucky 7 people to get a postcard from london should be getting it soon...I hope.

But now as I sit in the bar while my roomates sleep, I realize I need to sleep as well because after about 30 hours without any, London won't be super enjoyable.

So tomorrow we are going to see "Blood Brothers" a show created by London for London. We got within the first 5 rows and the tickets were only 30 pounds each because our guide used to be an actresses brother.

Crap, ok, I'm going to bed. I can hardly think!

Good night everyone!
I miss you all!!!

2 comments:

Alesia said...

Glad ur having fun mattie!!! WE miss u! Kaitlyn was sad that u forgot to take her with u. She is still dragging her bag around like she is going with u!!!! Dont forget to bring us something cool back and to send james a post card!! I LOVE U

Anonymous said...

Matt, you rock!!! Thanks for updating us with your trip information! You are so blessed to be able to go on such a great trip!!!

Lots of the love from the Landrey's
Mark, Kelley, Benjamin, Katie and Sarah