Friday, July 3, 2009

Survey Says...

I'm grounded. That's right. But not grounded from the Internet, TV, phone, computer, or anything else I somewhat enjoy doing...I am grounded from getting to see Courtney. For how long, you ask...well, I don't know. I just kinda wish it wasn't this way. But I guess almost catching my house on fire is a bit of a reason for me to get in trouble, but oh, wait, I took very cautious steps to make sure that didn't happen, but I didn't video tape it, so I have no proof...oh well. I guess there could have been a worse punishment, so I'm greatful for what I still have.

But getting into today's events, nothing super extraordinary. I slept past twelve, which has been a rare occurrence lately due to the cll I would receive around 8 every morning from Courtney, but suddenly, I have stopped getting those calls...in fact, I have stopped getting many calls in general from her. Also, she pretty much refuses to communicate with me through facebook or myspace...but hopefully all this is because she is busy, or because of more punishments or something, I don't quite know for sure. I just really hope she hasn't lost interest in me. Which, being the kind of person I am, I could see why that is such an easy thing to do. I'm not super exciting, I tend to degrade myself on a regular basis, and I might come across as a bit clingy, but all around a pretty boring person I am. But like I say, I hope that she hasn't lost interest, but only has become super busy the last 36 hours, because, to tell you the truth, I'm really starting to miss her. Tomorrow I was planning on seeing her twice, and now that has been cut down to seeing her only once, maybe. I was going to go to a parade, and then later, after work, to an Air Hogs game with her. But now it seems I will only be attending the Air Hogs game. I left her a message explaining how I felt, so I hope I will have an answer to everything by tomorrow...sometime...but anyway...on to a more happy subject so I can stop beating myself up.

Sound. What a wonderful thing. It is around us everywhere and all the time. No matter what, our ears are taking in some kind of ominous vibrations. But what's even better than that you ask? When someone you don't even know controls the sounds you hear and can determine whether you walk away unscathed, or you go home with a ringing in your ears that will never seem to stop. That's the person I was today. After three weeks of only being able to spot light, I was finally back on the soundboard at work tonight. The familiar glisten of the arena lights and scent of an extra ordinarily clean room awakened my senses. I was ready. And after three weeks, I only once forgot to mute the shotgun mikes that are used for hearing sounds made in the arena when the fights are going on. But this isn't any real mistake at all, just something that is like to be seen done. But the show went smoothly and, dressed in all black, I sat in the soundbooth after the show and played Russian roulette with a coworker, Robin. Of course, it wasn't really russian roulette, only an application he had suggested downloading after the show onto my iPhone, and I did indeed do so. The application made us laugh quite hard, because of how sadistic it could be. But we thought it better be used outside of the work place and packed everything up and went on our way.

The book I am reading is becoming one of the best books ever. "Trust No One" never bores you. It never makes you say, "gee, my eyes hurt, I need to go to bed." It makes you read through the pain and keeps you awake longer. I currently am on page 170 something. I've only been reading for two days, and I generally don't like to read...which shows you how good of a book it actually is. But for now, I must be getting to bed. I have my book to read, after all. And tomorrow I hope to hear from Courtney and enjoy an evening with her. Hope everyone is doing alright!

Peace
-Matt

No comments: