Saturday, July 4, 2009

In a word...


Perfection. That is what today has been. Well, the last part of the day was, the first half was just boring and work. I started out waking up at 7:05am to the ring of my phone, and the day ended with something not to short of an amazing time. So let's get started.

When I got that call at 7:05am, I was relieved to see it was her. That beautiful red headed masterpiece I call Courtney. I picked up and answered in a tone that was less than pleasant, due to my waking up and everything, and I was pleased to hear almost the same tone on the other end. We talked for a few minutes and then hung up. I told her about my grounding and everything and, while displeased, still managed to say "I love you" which, I still, cannot believe she can say to me without lying, but I know she says it with the utmost truth and awesomeness. And although getting made fun of for doing so, continues without a bat of an eye, except towards me, because I find it cute. But the rest of my morning consisted of laying in bed for another few hours, waking up at 9:14am, reading my book until about 11:00am, going downstairs for some breakfast, coming back up stairs and reading some more, and then my phone had a conniption. Apparently sending a mass text message to 142 people causes an iPhone to slow down dramatically for a few minutes. And then, the non stop replies afterward were tiring on the fingers as well. But it went over smoothly and I managed to reconnect with a friend I knew a few years ago, so, yeah. Then, while reading, I noticed it was about 12:30pm, so I hit the shower and prepared for another day at the castle.

I went for lunch at Potbelly sandwich works, which, while very tasty, was very slow, and caused me to be a few minutes late to work. But when I got there, I changed into my costume as guard, and continued on through the day. The first show I was "Call Show," which means I sort of lead the rest of the spotlights, they all know what they are doing, so I am there as more of an aid to synchronization, of sorts. Then the second show I was in "SP-1foto" and did my duties in spot booth one, and working in photo tower. Of course, while going through my work routine for the day, managed to control myself, as I knew that in only a few short hours, I would finally be able to see Courtney for the first time in weeks, and boy was I happy. Everyone at work noticed my rather chipper mood as I strutted through the castle, and when I finally headed out to the Lexus to be picked up, I couldn't wait for the next part of the day.

Riding down the highway and reading, I kept looking up at the road to see how close we were to QuikTrip Park. I couldn't think of anything more than finally getting to see that beautiful, red headed, amazing, excellent, love of my life, etc so on, and so fourth, you get the idea. As we approached the park, I made the decision to, instead of riding with my father all the way around the park and having to walk even more to get to the front gate, I would get out of the car, and run to the front gate. There were a swarm of police, sheriff, and county officials that seemed to all think I was running with a pistol in hand, when really, all I had was my iPhone. They all paused from their work to give the kid with long hair a dirty look, to dream up of ways I would ruin my life, whether it be drugs, or a motorcycle accident, but then they were on their way, as was I. So as I ran up to the front gate, I realized it looked an awful lot like an airport runway painted on the ground, and I didn't realize until just now that the team's name was "Air Hogs" so you can imagine how stupid I feel. But I did finally notice Courtney and Ashley somewhat hiding behind the bars of the closed gate and grabbed the ticket, got it torn, and was embraced by the most amazing girl in the world. It had been a while since I had felt this happy. But that ended when she got distracted by Ashley's mom walking down the path toward the restroom, but I was with her, I was happy.

The game ended about just as soon as I got there, and we walked over to the cars parked in the adjacent parking lot, and boy were there a lot of cars. Courtney and I walked around a bit, and sat on the concrete, sat inside a HUGE SUV, and stood infront of the SUV watching fireworks. Of course, whether I watched the fireworks, or looked at Courtney, it felt like I was looking at the same thing. Ok, so, that cheesy line sounded a lot better when I said it to her, typed out it kinda looses meaning. But oh well. It meant a lot then, so it still does, gosh. Just as the faint smile and the "I love you" meant more to me than any fire works show I could attend, or even produce in my own house...coughs. But as the fire works kept going off, PB ran through the crowd of "Drunk Pentecostals" as he called them and headed for his own vehicle. The rest of us followed suit. Ashley's family got in their big SUV, and Courtney, myself, and the rest of the Conatser clan got into the blue mini-van I have gotten to know so well and headed for home. We landed at my abode first, and as Courtney stumbled through the sliding door to give me a last hug good-bye, her father cheerfully added, "Well, see ya in a hundred years or so." This was followed by his son's exact same remark, then Courtney got in and they drove away. I turned sharply when I was startled by a few dozen Black Cats going off in the house across the street. Well, not in the house, that would be stupid, right?

No comments: