Thursday, July 2, 2009

Getting back in the groove...

So, I haven't even touched this website since October of last year, and I suppose I have good reason. School, school and more school. Along with some work, and a few failed relationships and one amazing relationship. That's pretty much the last 8 months for me. But of course, with me, I have to go into detail about everything, so be ready for a really long blog. Here goes nothing.

Ok, so, let's start off with what happened around October, November, and December. Honestly, I do not remember much about those months except for a few key events. Ok, so you might remember L***** from my previous posts? Well, I finally did talk to her, and nothing came out of that at all, and it also wasn't my top priority to find a girlfriend at that time either. Another thing that happened in this time period was that I started meeting a lot of new people, well, I thought they were new, until about 95% of them told me they were from my middle and elementary school. These meetings occurred on Facebook and Myspace, so I'm not exactly sure they are 100% legit, but I will continue none the less. My friend Kylee, who I met in 2007 stayed with me the whole time, listening to my rants about my school, work, and life in general, but she sure helped me get through it. We are still good buddies, and still haven't hung out...ever. Another thing that happened in this Oct, Nov, and Dec period was that my radio show, Conspiracy Radio, completely went down the tubes. I just wasn't that motivated to continue working that hard for an audience of maybe 6 or 7 people. I think my top hit count was like 14 or something, but whatever, old news now. In December, of course, Christmas hit, and I got an excellent, new sound-system for my truck, which I still can't drive until I get my eagle scout. But I did manage to convince my parents to let me go to driving school, so, hopefully, by the time my 6 month probation was up on my permit, I would have had my Eagle by then...but once again, lack of motivation and overall better uses of my time came into play and I still, after about 7 and a half months of having the permit, do not have my license. But I am working hard to get it...kinda. It just takes too much time to complete. But I need to get it done. Either that, or wait til I am 18 to get the license, since I will no longer be eligable for my Eagle Scout, but we will see what the future holds.

Now, getting into Jan, Feb, and March. This time was probably the highlight of my life. January started off with me getting transferred into the Sound and Light Department at work, which was my absolute dream come true, I was so happy. Then it got boring...so...yeah. Pretty much, what I do, is point a giant flashlight at different things in a big sand pit. It's a bit more complicated than it sounds, but in a nutshell, there you go. Then some other stuff happened in January that I can't rememeber, so we will move onto Febuary. This month kinda is a crazy-depression phase month. I start it off with the feeling I will never date another girl in my life, seeing as that the past five girls I had a mustard seed of interest in, either found other guys, or just came up with excuses not to date me. Which, I got through fine, no suicidal thoughts or anything, just some sadness that I quickly got over once I got to work. Work, during this month, was like my refuge. I had people there that enjoyed my company, I enjoyed theirs, and I really like my job anyway, so it all works out. Something that happened to one of my close friends during this time, also, was that he was working really hard to get the part of the chancellor in the show at Medieval Times, where we both work. He was working on the part for about a month when round one of try-outs came, and to his glory, he nailed it and got a call back, along with 4 others that had potential for the part. Mind you, there were originally 30 people that tryed out, so this is a pretty big accomplishment. I was asked to go for the audition, but I just don't think I'm ready for that kind of stress. It's a lot of lines to memorize, and yeah...not for me. But anyway, when my friend got back for the call back, we arrived at the castle early so he could practice once more. And it was just about time for the audition when, what do you know, he gets ill. So ill, in fact, that he is unable to finish the audition. This really broke his heart, and mine too, having to see him go through that sucked, but even to this day, his dream is still to be chancellor, and I have faith that he will get there one day. Also, in Febuary, I found out that my sister was pregnant. Which to be totally honest, wasn't a huge shock. I had kinda expected something was going on, but yeah. But the baby, Kaitlin, is now born and living happily at our house. She's cool, I guess...I just don't like kids, so no offense. Anyway, moving on to March. This month, I told myself, I was going to branch out and grow a pair and instead of trying to meet girls over myspace and stuff like that, I would finally go after one girl that I had seen around for the last few years at school. She was a redhead by the name of Courtney, and boy is she amazing. When I first decided to talk to her, it was, of course, over gmail. I had seen her in person, but I couldn't gather the courage to just walk up to her and talk. So, on gmail, her first words to me were, "um...do I know you?" and we hit it off from there. I know, pathetic, but on March 13th, 2009, she said yes, and we have been dating ever since, soon to be celebrating our 4th monthiversary. I know, I know, I'm a cheesy guy, and my "moves" aren't up to par at all, but I got her with my stupidity and clinginess, and I still have her. She's absolutely amazing and sometimes really complicated, but I wouldn't have it any other way. She's one of the most important things in my life and by far the best thing to ever happen to me, so all of y'all who make fun of the guy who says "I love you." and actually enjoys saying it, can go suck it. Sorry, but this is like the perfect relationship, and nothing will screw it up. And ofcourse, we do have our occasional quarrels, but they are usually over something stupid that we realize and forgive each other within the hour.

So that was my Jan, Feb, March. Now, let's move on to April, May, June, and up to now, July 2nd. Well, April wasn't super special. Courtney and I had made it past her longest relationship mark, and we intend to keep that going past mine and well into the future. My longest was 7 months with a girl named Nikki, it was a good relationship, I suppose. She lived pretty far away and the whole thing ended when she kissed another guy, but it was nowhere near what Courtney and I have now, so again, anyone who makes fun of Courtney and I for the relationship we have can suck it. Thank you. April still held good things at work, nothing major happened, a few people were fired, and a few people were hired, but overall normal. The photo department, ever since I left was going through some tough times, I believe that they were down on staff by now, and needed some help, but a more interesting story about that happens in June, so we will get to that a bit later. One thing major that did happen in Courtney's life in April was her getting grounded for two months for reasons that will be left unsaid on this public blog. This of course devastated me at first, but it was a bit of a lenient grounding, to where we could still talk on the phone, and I could see her sometimes, but nothing major. We got through the limited communication and limited seeing each other time, so whatever else the world wants to throw at us, lets have it, we will make it. Moving on into May, Courtney and I still holding strong, more in love than ever due to the grounding and more time to discuss our own lives, I believe we got to know each other a lot more. People started noticing that she was acting more happily then ever, and people also noticed I was much more light hearted than my depressive Dec, Jan, Feb self. "Yay" is a good word to describe it. During the month of May, my birthday took place on the 22nd. I had two parties. One that I had planned that took place at Waffle House and was AWESOME. And the other I did not plan, but my friend did and only had three attendees, including myself, but it was still a really fun time. It was also during my birthday weekend I got to spend time together with Courtney, that was my birthday present from her father, and I graciously accepted. We went to a movie and she gave me two t-shirts, a bag of plain M&M's, an amazing birthday card, and I already had her love, but I consider that a gift as well. So as May ended and June began, we were counting down the days until she was ungrounded and we could finally start hanging out together again. We have been wanting to go Ice Skating, and I hope that works out and we get to go soon. So, as we leave May, and go into June, the set date for the ungrounding was June 29th, which wasn't found out until the day Courtney thought she was ungrounded, which was supposedly the 27th, but her father quickly reminded her of the length of grounding after adding on additional days as well. These days entailed no phone, no computer; basically no communication to me at all. I got a message on my phone, she was crying, and telling me what the grounding entailed, and that we couldn't talk for a while. While learning the bulk of the grounding parameters from her in the message, I found out the more finer details from her father that night. She wasn't to be allowed to do anything until July 12th...and that was final. So, as I spent the week, without Courtney, after she had already been at camp for four days with no communication to me, I think it was good that we did get some alone time to ourselves, but it definitely was a bad thing too...because lets face it, we're in love, and not talking to one another at least once a day just isn't fun. But like I said, nothing was going to ruin what we had, and sure enough, it didn't. And I am trully happy about that.

Now, it's July 1st and she was ungrounded, kinda. She could get back on the computer and actually talk to me for the first time in a week or two. I was so happy when I found out. I was writing my final paper for my government class I had been taking over the summer at North Lake, and my instant message window popped up with an IM from courtney. I almost jumped for joy. I couldn't wait to tell her what has been happening these past weeks without her. But alas, she was tired, and needed sleep. So off she went, and here I am alone...I was feeling bad from work when I got home today, because I had to spend about an hour outside in the hot Texas sun in my work costume, which is long black pants, long black shirt, black hood, and over all that, a thick rug like material tunic. It's hot. Especially in 98 degree weather. I needed something to make me happy, and by george, Courtney talked to me and that's all I needed to feel better again. I also have bought some books recently and am getting into reading. We will see how long this lasts. My friend from the chancellor story and I are planning on going to UTA next year after I graduate highschool, so we will be getting an apartment somewhere. We also are going on a camping trip soon, on the 19th. We are still waiting to see if we can get those days off work, but hopefully, we will be able to, because we both need a vacation.

So that's what you have missed, that was 8 months in 4 paragraphs. Pretty good eh? I love Courtney very much, and I am so happy I found her. I will continue blogging once a day as long as I can. I will try to post something at least once a day. Thanks for reading and I'll talk to you later, since, it's already tomorrow at 12:27am. Peace.

-Matt

1 comment:

Elmo said...

well, thank you, Matt Double-You, for sharing every aspect of your day with me. that was ensightful...

H