Sunday, July 12, 2009

Surfer of the Year


I have a fake made cover of "Transworld Surf Magazine" where it features me on the cover surfing in South Padre last year during the first camping trip we took out there. To be honest, when I first went, I didn't go with the most optimistic attitude, but this year, for some reason, I am really excited about going. I can't wait, honestly. I guess my sense of adventure is more overpowering than my sense to get eaten alive by mosquitoes. But after one week of no blogging, I will probably have to take a journal or something so I can just transfer my logs to blogs. We shall see.

Today, I woke up around 9:30, showered, ate, and went to McDonalds. I had to be at work extra early today because of the Boy Scout stuff that was going on again. I got to sign autographs and take pictures with the guests, which I really enjoy, so that was fun. Then two shows later, and a draining of energy, I left the castle. While waiting on my ride, I talked to Keri and she was inviting to the Backyard Beach Bar thing, but I couldn't go because my parents had just arrived and it would have been rude to have them leave right as they got there. But I told Keri she could swim at my house and bring her own booze, so it's all good. I wouldn't participate in the boozing as they call it, but I would definitely enjoy a Coca Cola while the festivities were going on.

On the ride back home and then to go out to eat, I learned something that happened yesterday during my cousins party at my house that I am nor particularly happy about. Apparently, my mother had noticed people using my computer, and being the awesome mom that she is, got my dad to get them off of it. I don't know what they were doing, but they are lucky I didn't catch them, or else I would have bored them with cool geeky stuff about the iMac that they probably wouldn't have enjoyed, but I would have! Haha! While at dinner tonight, I had some of the spiciest Jamaican Jerk Chicken I have ever had, but it was delicious. I also had some fried okra and salad. Yum!

And then we came home, and my sister and I got on the computers and such and I tried to write a song, but I just wasn't feeling it tonight. One thing I am super excited about is tomorrow, I might get to see Courtney!! It's been so long, but the wait was worth it for all the self realization that occurred within me and I'm sure what occurred within her as well. I can't wait. But for now, bedtime.

Peace
-Matt

No comments: